Todays sermon was about failure. Although I know of my failures, I have made it too easy for myself. I fail, ask to be forgiven then turn around and do it all over again. This coming from a guy who tells his grandaughters--If you are sorry for doing something you shouldn't keep doing it. Maybe I need to take my own advice.
I also can come up with an excuse for every failure. Like drinking. Although I don't drink as much as I did before I still drink too much. Although I don't think drinking is bad in Gods eyes, I do cross the line into drunkiness. This is when I feel I failed. The problem is I'm not a guy who can have one or two beers then stop. The only time I can do that is when I only have one or two left in the fridge. It is nothing for me to drink 12 beers. That is why I buy 12 packs. Cause if I bought more I would probably drink more.
So the solution seems to be easy, stop drinking beer! This is where Mr. excuses comes in. I could come up with many. If I'm honest I know none of them would be right. I'm pretty sure this is the path God wants me to take.
GOD BLESS
No comments:
Post a Comment